Pet Travel

Following BREXIT the EU pet passports can no longer be updated. To travel into Europe your pet will require a new Animal Health Certificate (AHC).  This will be valid for one entry only, and is a complex certificate that requires specific details and timing. Please click on the link below for more information.  Do also check the government website for current confirmation.

Please see the 'client reference guide' and print and complete the 'client form' for when you attend the certificate appointment.

Please plan well in advance as the rabies vaccine must be at least 21 days before travel.  We also need to ensure that we have an appointment available for 5-10 days before your arrival in the EU.  In addition we block out vet time to complete the paperwork.  This takes considerable time and therefore needs booking in advance.  After the appointment, the vet will complete the paperwork and certificate which will be ready for collection usually 48 hours later.  We will confirim timings on the day.  

Our certificating 'OVs' (Vets who are able to certificate in an official government capacity) can also issue travel documents for pets travelling around the world!  Do note that such certificates are often a lengthy procedure so the more notice the better!

This year we have certificated pets to travel to the EU, Australia, Chile, USA, South Africa and many more!

Longridge Vets54 Preston RoadLongridgePrestonPR3 3AY01772 783327find us
"Best vet practice we've ever used either in UK or US" Peter
"The staff here genuinely care for your pet" Jemma
"I wouldn’t consider going anywhere else" Kate
"My collie is usually scared of going to vets but he is at ease at Longridge vets" Eva
"Friendly service start to finish" Aidan
"Absolutely brilliant with my dog" Samantha
"My dog (and I!) has been cared for like a member of the family" Laura
"A pleasant experience for me and my cat" Jane
"Fantastic at taking care of my dog" Debbie
"Friendly, independent vets that care about the animal first" Ian